Well, it is really fall (autumn) here!
The temps continue to be mild (which I love!) but the nights have that crisp, cool, clear feeling to them and we have had to put on the heavier quilt. I'm loving all the colors I see in our town and the surrounding areas of NYS. and the daylight hours are definitely shorter. I'm starting my daily power walks typically around 6:15 but it's darker by the time I end at 7!! I guess it is really fall!
Let's take a few minutes to share FIVE of our FAVE moments/places/people/events this past week and then link the post up with Susanne our gracious hostess.
- HOUR HIKE: Saturday late afternoon, my neighbor and I drove the 5 miles from our homes to this state park where we love to do an hour hike. It was a bit overcast although the sun kept peeking through. We saw a beautiful doe in the woods eating but didn't grab the iphone quick enough to snap a pic. We saw many squirrels, jays, chipmunks, another deer before completing 2 of the loops and heading back to our homes to cook dinner. I needed the break from housework and errands....so thankful we live so close to some great state park trails.
|The Mohawk River at Peebles Island State Park|
|Beginning of one trail|
|trail along the river|
- SUNDAY DRIVE/WALK: After church on Sunday morning, I drove out to central New York State to where my dad lives on the premises of my sister Hope's house. Her husband Donny made a very nice apartment off their little house in the big woods for Dad. They live about 80 minutes from my town in eastern NY. It was a beautiful day and a gorgeous drive. They are pretty much at peak color in central NY whereas out here in the Capital Region we are not yet at peak color. In fact, many of our trees are still green and JUST turning red, orange and yellow. Here are some photos I took on my drive into their property and on my walk with Dad. For 83 years old, he is doing fairly well. I'm thankful I had this afternoon with him.
|the road into my sister's house|
|fall foliage near my sister's home in central New York|
|beautiful tree near my sister's property|
4 October 2015
- PATCH ARRIVED!! The Adirondack Mountain Club sent me my patch for completing the Fire Tower Challenge. It's fun to get real mail other than bills and I can now sew this on to my backpack! What a fun challenge this was!! I'm now attempting to finish up another challenge but it will have to wait until spring as some of the trails are not doable in the winter months. I'm thankful for being able to hike and for fun hiking partners I've had over the years.
- SAFE TRAVELS: Dave (my husband) had to fly out of Albany on Sunday morning for Ohio due to work and came home late Tuesday night. I am very thankful that he had safe travels to and fro and that he could be back in time to attend our daughter's high school open house last evening.
- AUTUMN AFTERNOON COLORS: I love the colors of autumn....I always have, ever since growing up in Central NY, then moving to western NY for college and a couple of years beyond, then moving to eastern NY for grad school, career and marriage. I love living in eastern NY the best because of all the mountain ranges we are near by....and for the somewhat milder autumns and winters we get here.......the colors on a golden late afternoon are some of my very faves. I'm thankful for our Creator and the marvelous gifts He has given us.
|our front stoop decorated for harvest time|
That wraps up some special fall faves for me.....how about you??
What blessings can you find in your week??