I'm joining Jerralea's Journey blog as we number gifts He's given us during the month of November. Each day I'll be sharing five things that I am thankful for. Doing that for 30 days will produce 150 things we are grateful for...and it's easy to find those gifts if we take a moment to look. You are welcome to join in! Just head over to Jeri's!
Today I am thankful for:
- Distilled and bottled spring water. Our town has a "boil water advisory" in place since 10 a.m. yesterday for the next 48 hours due to a water break on a main pipeline. I never want to take fresh, running water again for granted. Thank goodness the local stores were stocked up with water.
- Lined curtains. Yesterday I received my new curtains from this favorite place. I ordered them in "natural" to go with the wood/earth tones in the bedroom. We needed lined ones for our bedroom for the winter months. I've never owned them as I couldn't afford them or never liked what was out there. Last month I saw them at a good price so ordered them. I'm thankful that they look good on the windows and are keeping out the drafts!
- Cinnamon Candles. Many candles have scents that bother me.....I tend to get allergic reactions to many, as does my youngest daughter and my husband. Cinnamon is one scent that I can handle and I love it! I'm thankful for candles in the colder months...and now that we are less than a month away from winter, I'm starting to get out my candles and light one on a dreary day.
- Shower gels. I love using scented shower gels but I'm very picky about which ones.....there are many scents and brands that I just don't care for. I finally found one that is great!! The citrus smell really wakes you up in the morning and the feeling of the gel is a fresh, light, silky feel, not heavy and gunky like some gels. Yes, I still use deodorant soap (Dial is our fave in this house) but most mornings, I choose the citrus :)
- Role Models. I'm thankful our 15 year old daughter has 3 excellent female role models in her life who are all volunteers with our church's high school youth group. Today, one of the girls, a grad student, is taking Claire and a couple other girls over to a local church that needs help in packing Operation Christmas Child boxes. They will be packing and loading them on a truck. The girl is taking them out to lunch and then getting them to that church. I'm so thankful for these older girls!
What are you thankful for today??