May!! I can't believe it is here already!!
This continued to be a tough week but there are always blessings to find when you look........I'm participating in the weekly Fave Fives hosted by Susanne.....click here to link up and join in on sharing your fave things that God blessed you with this past week.
- CELL CALLS Had a special phone call last weekend.......and a text from another person. Timely...with important information regarding a situation that was very disturbing that I alluded to last week. There is NOTHING like re-connecting with old friends we haven't heard from in a couple years...and although her news was difficult, we were so glad to be able to connect. No matter how much time goes by between this one friend of mine and I, we always end up sharing deeply. She has played the role of counselor to me in the past and now we are dear friends. That's the unity of Christ...and that's always a fave!
- CALMING DEVOTIONALS the result of the above phone call was a bit of chaos in my spirit....and confused/conflicting emotions. This book happens to be one I am almost done with and I was about to start the chapter on anger. I'm so glad I did. There is a lot of wisdom in Nicole's words as she writes about this negative emotion and how to handle it as a Christian. I need to re-read it again this weekend! Reading godly words based on Scripture is always a fave!
c. faithe MTpics2012
- CLEANING! Claire, on her own, decided last weekend, to totally clear off her desk, her bookshelves (which are actually her bed's headboard) and put some childhood books in the basement in her bin. She did a great job and it's one less thing I have to do in there for spring cleaning! ( I do have to tackle the college daughter's room this weekend as she'll be home in 2 weeks!!) I LOVE my girl.....she was totally organized and now she can sit at her desk again and do homework. She collects elephant figurines and those little shaped erasers. Let's just say she has more than 10 but less than 100!! LOL....She left some out and put some away in drawers/boxes. Yeah for a clean-swept work area! A daughter who willingly volunteers to clean her bedroom is always a fave with me!
|Claire's concert hair|
c. faithe MTpics 2012
- SPRING CONCERTS! Claire, our 7th grader, is in 3 performing groups at the junior high. Tuesday evening was the Orchestra concert. She plays 1st violin and loves it! She plans on being in 8th grade orchestra next year. The concert was wonderful and both orchestras played an amazing Grand Finale of "Beat It" (yes, THAT "Beat It"). Even the building principal got in on the act by playing his electric bass! And Thursday evening was the Chorus Concert......next week she will sing in Select Chorus at the 3rd spring concert. She tells me she will audition again for Select Chorus and will also add auditioning for Scherzo (a select group of string players) to next autumn's agenda....which will mean even more concerts! These concerts had a calming effect on me....as music always does! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed both evenings of great music AND our district has been selected as one of 166 school districts across the nation to be awarded the BEST COMMUNITY FOR MUSIC EDUCATION!! Excellent music programs with outstanding teachers is always a fave.....
- COMFORTING SCRIPTURE AND WHISPERS FROM GOD! This Scripture appeared in a morning devotion before I left for work. On the very day I needed it. There are no accidents with God. And it led me to some meditation and writing of this post and listening to this song. (if you click on the link to listen to the song, please pause the playlist on the lower right sidebar first!) Words from God to pierce the heart...even when feeling a bit hard, is always a fave...because His Word penetrates........
What are your blessings from the week? Feel free to share one in the comment section......